Saturday, January 05, 2008

Life in the key of gray

Today was a rather depressing sort of day. It got started on the wrong foot when I woke up after having not quite enough sleep. The fact that I had to get up and pack up for my trip down to Virginia did not help matters at all. I finally got on the road in the early afternoon, and had to cope with almost nine hours of rain, drizzle, and just general gloom. Thankfully, the traffic was not bad, and the construction zones on the Pennsylvania Turnpike (doesn't it seem like there are always construction zones on the Pennsylvania Turnpike?) were idle. I made reasonable time on the roads, and five hundred and thirty-one miles later, I arrived back in the urban mess known as Arlington.

Tomorrow should be a better day, and of course, it is back to work on Monday. Hopefully, the transition back to the work world won't be too painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home