Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sunday randomness

Yesterday was a pretty awesome day. I went hiking at Great Falls (on the Maryland side) with a friend, and had a completely fun time. The Billy Goat Trail was a little wet from melting snow, but otherwise, the conditions were fine.


A cool looking tree along the C&O Canal

Today was a cold, dreary, and rainy day, and it was one of those days when I just wanted to hibernate. Nevertheless, I forced myself to get out of the house. I took care of some errands, including a trip to REI. Later this afternoon, I went out for a run. I took my usual loop (out to Iwo Jima Memorial, then down to the Mt. Vernon Trail, and back up via the Custis Trail) for a total of four miles. I'm not a huge fan of running amidst traffic, urban streets, and planes on approach to National. I really miss the Gallup Park Trail and the Arb in Ann Arbor. However, I haven't been out running in a little while, so it was good to hit the pavement again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your nature photos are absolutely breathtaking!

3:38 PM, December 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home