Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Vacation comes to an end

Yesterday, I went for a hike at Rocky Mountain National Park. I was originally expecting that I would need snowshoes for my hike, but as it turned out, the east side of the park only had a few inches of snow. I got a somewhat late start in driving from Denver up to the park (a two hour trip), so I only had a few hours available for hiking. My little hiking thermometer said that the temperature was twenty five degrees, but when the wind kicked up along the mountain ridges, it felt like it was below zero. I ended up hiking from Glacier Gorge to Jewel Lake and back, for a total of about six miles.

I have created a web page with some of my pictures of the park.

I flew back to DC today, and the flight was uneventful. Waiting until Tuesday to fly back meant that I missed most of the Thanksgiving holiday traffic. I managed to pick up a cold on Monday, which means that heading back to work tomorrow will be a little more annoying than usual.


Mills Lake

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude!

Awesome photos!

9:09 AM, November 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home