Sunday, December 23, 2007

Going nowhere fast

Under my original plan, I was supposed to be on the road at the moment, driving home to Ann Arbor. Unfortunately, due to the unreliable and fickle nature of Comcast, I am stuck in Virginia until Monday afternoon. My business cable internet service went out on Thursday night. Comcast originally scheduled a technician for today, but later cancelled the appointment because their "commercial" technicians are only available during the week. And since I can't afford to have my servers offline for two weeks during this crucial end-of-year financial close-out period, I am stuck here until Monday - assuming that Comcast actually bothers to show up.

Of course, the irony of this situation was that I was planning on setting up a backup server in Ann Arbor over the holidays, so that I could switch over services in case of a network outage. Isn't life grand?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home