Monday, December 24, 2007

Home at last!

The Comcast technician showed up this morning, and started testing my cable. After a significant amount of work (including replacing one of the cable runs), he tested the signal at the main distribution point. The signal strength was lousy, and was affecting the whole building. As it turned out, several of my neighbors had also placed trouble calls with Comcast, and several Comcast technicians descended upon our neighborhood. I left before the outside technicians had finished repairing

My drive up from Virginia back to Michigan was fairly uneventful, and I made decent time. With minimal stops, I made it back to Ann Arbor in eight and a half hours. As I was rather late getting back to Ann Arbor, both Meijer's and Kroger's were closed. Thankfully, Walgreens was still open, so I was able to pick up some groceries (such as they were) so that I would have food for Christmas.

I hope everyone has a completely wonderful Christmas!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Dave!

[I'm not gonna do the math to see just how fast your were driving!]

Sorry to hear about your Comcast woes -- not exactly the best way to start a holiday.

8:51 AM, December 25, 2007  
Blogger David said...

Assuming a total of twenty minutes for food and gas stops (I was pretty quick yesterday), I averaged about sixty-five miles per hour. I had the cruise control on for most of the Ohio Turnpike. The impressive part was that I did not hit construction delays on either the Pennsylvania or Ohio Turnpikes, as I almost always do.

11:47 AM, December 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pardon me for suggesting you behaved in any manner other than strictly legal.

10:10 AM, December 27, 2007  
Blogger David said...

Actually, what was surprising to me was that I made good time despite being legal. Sometimes I have a bit of a lead foot. :)

12:01 PM, December 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home