Sunday, March 16, 2008

Starting to see signs of spring

Yesterday was a beautiful day that hinted that spring is just around the corner. The weather was great, so I took the opportunity to go out running. I was a little limited with regards to time, so I only went out to Arlington Cemetery and back, for about a two and a half mile route. In the afternoon, Heather and I went out for a walk at Great Falls on the Virginia side. Great Falls was pretty busy with families who all wanted to get out and enjoy the spring weather. However, once we got onto the River Trail, it wasn't quite as busy.


Great Falls


As we made our way back along the Patowmack Canal, we came across these flowers blooming in the woods. Don't they make you ready for Easter?


Flowers blooming


I flew back to Michigan tonight, and I am going to be home for a whole week. Even though it is going to be a busy work week for me, I am really happy to be home for more than just a brief weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home