Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yet another work week

I spent the past weekend back home in Ann Arbor, and had a great time. I managed to catch up with some of my friends, which was a lot of fun. I got caught up on a lot of errands, and even did a little work on the house. I also spent a bit of time outside shoveling snow, since we got several inches of snow over the weekend.

I was rather happy about one accomplishment this weekend. In 2004, I started the process of networking the house. However, for whatever reason, I had never gotten around to terminating the wiring for the master bedroom. I finally finished the master bedroom wiring, and hooked up the network switch. I now have at least one Gigabit Ethernet jack in four rooms in the house. At some point I will install network wiring in the small bedroom and the kitchen, but both of those are very low priority.

I flew back to DC last night, and while we were on our way into the DC area, I took the following picture. The picture is a little blurry (what else can one do with a point-and-shoot in a moving plane at night?), but it is clear enough to show the general outline of Arlington.


The city from above


This Google Earth snapshot provides a frame of reference for the photo:


Google Earth map of Arlington and Alexandria

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home