Friday, October 19, 2012

My new bike outfit

The "Amazon Recommended" feature can be a useful way of finding interesting products, but it can also be highly entertaining. Periodically, it will recommend products whose connection is tenuous at best.  If Amazon recommends purchasing children's toys because you bought vitamins, it is not too much of a stretch to guess that moms probably purchase vitamins more than other people, and are likely to buy children's toys while they are at it.  But every so often Amazon comes up with a recommendation that is so far in left field, that the only response is WTF?  Today I encountered the following gem:



The text may be a little small to read, but Amazon is suggesting that I need a "Super Mario Brothers Costume" because I own a Cateye Adventure Wireless Bicycle Computer.  Seriously.  Maybe this could become my new bike commuting outfit.  Forget spandex bike shorts and bright "don't hit me" bike jerseys, I really need to ride around in a red and blue jumpsuit, complete with a hat and a mustache.  I think Amazon is on to something here.  If I rode around in that outfit, drivers would definitely give me a wide berth on the road.  They might even give me the whole road once they run off the road.  "Honey, did you see that?"  "What the #*#?  Crash!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is it was related more to the date (so close to Halloween) and your prior purchases (Luigi outfit, giant mushroom costume, Princess Toadstool and Bowser dolls, etc.)

4:12 PM, November 15, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home